Thursday, May 29, 2008

Introduction to Haiti Infant Rescue


My first blog - how exciting! I have been dying to share news about the precious Haitian children who live in my home.

Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue is a Christian organization founded in 2005 in Port au Prince, Haiti to take in sick and malnourished infants from poor families who have no other hope. Whenever possible, we return children to their families when their health has been restored.

As of today, May 29 2008, we have 18 children in our care. They range from 6 months to 9 (almost 10) years. Most are still in diapers.

I am Dorothy Pearce from Jacksonville, Florida. God sent me to Haiti in 2004 to work with needy children and families in Haiti. I have two grown sons, one daughter[-in-law], one grandson, and am 60 years old and proud of it! Working in Haiti is the best job I have ever had and that is saying something as I have had some wonderful jobs in the past as a real estate paralegal.

To introduce you to our everyday life I am going to post emails that I have previously sent. Here is a picture of me, Natasha Taylor and Mary Dekoter (l-r). Natasha came in January 2008 to help out for 6 months. We have persuaded her to stay a little big longer. (She adds so much joy and love to our household we never want her to leave!) Mary is a nurse from Canada who visits twice a week to check on the children. (We would be lost without you, Mary!)

3 comments:

kathy55439 said...

I feel God calling me to give 3 to 6 months to orphans or children in need. Thank you for sharing your story. God Bless You.

elouise said...

I would like to help in any way I can. I am a retired teacher, and also a licensed professional counselor. I found out about your rescue thru Tammy Britton Barber from San simons Island in Ga. Please contact me at my email address. elouise.garrett@yahoo.com. sincerely and god bless you all, elouise

DeeDee said...

Hi my name is DeeDee. I was recently in Haiti with Lifeline Ministries. While there I met Kim and Jim Dewar. I believe that I am being called to ministry in Haiti, and am very interested in your ministry. I am a registered nurse. Do you have need for help that a nurse could provide? I would love to talk with you. Please email me when you have the chance at patricksmom93@hotmail.com. Thank you so much and God Bless! DeeDee