Monday, September 21, 2009

Haiti - home again!

Sep 21 2009

I got back in Haiti Friday late afternoon. It was great to come home! It has been hectic ever since I got here.

When I got to the house Friday evening I went downstairs to hug and love all the nannies and kids. Emmanuella was last as she was in her crib. She didn't look good. Brought her upstairs and Laura Lynn (visiting) walked her to Dottie's guesthouse where a doctor friend was staying. Big ER scene! She had pneumonia. She was so dehydrated the doctor couldn't find a vein anywhere for an IV. He gave her shots, put in a feeding tube. I sat up all night long giving her little bits of pedialyte at a time to rehydrate her. Praise God, she revived!!!! Still in bad shape but has a good chance. (By the way, she's up to 14 lbs!)

Pipes from the water pump had a leak so we were having to prime the pump every time we wanted to use it. The mechanic took it all apart yesterday and, si dieu vle (God willing), all will be fixed today.

The mechanic found a broken belt on the generator. He hopes to bring new belts today and get it running again. God is good!

We had very heavy rain last night. I was sitting in my chair reading - all the kids were tucked in - and wondered why my foot got wet when I put it on the floor. Looked around and water was pouring in through an electrical outlet! The whole room was flooded! So, outside with a flashlight and umbrella. Found that leaves had plugged a drain hole on the roof. Once the leaves were removed, the roof drained and the flooding stopped. Life is just full of surprises!

Saturday I found out new car dealers here don't sell used cars. Toyota wanted $53,000 for a new 4 runner, Hyundai wanted $36,000 for a new Santa Fe. I'm calling around for references to good used car dealers. Pray for a good find! We must have a 'new' car!

My visit to the states was wonderful. I praise God for all the wonderful people I was able to see. I am sad that there were many more I didn't get a chance to visit with. We received enough donations to get out of the hole we were in. People are so generous!

Now we just need
to get monthly income up to adequate levels. Pray about sponsoring a child, or a staff position, or just contributing monthly. Even $20 a month is a help. Nothing is too small (or too big).

Praise God, we have a school sponsor for the triplets! Three girls get to go to school, $30 a month total covers all their expenses!!!!!

If you would like to receive updates by email, post a comment with your email address. I am on Facebook, too: dorothypearce47 I love to share stories and news about these precious, adorable, wonderful, beautiful children (I'm not at all biased: this is all true!)

Just found the camera last night! Will send pictures next time. Or, check my blog, I'll update it as we have electricity!

God bless you and keep you! Thank you for your love and prayers.

Dorothy Pearce
Faith-Hope-Love Infant Rescue

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." I Cor. 13:13

1 comment:

AT said...

thanks for the update Miss Dorothy. praying for you and your home. i'll be back with BOTH of my parents in november. if Kevs wants to come swim again and you'd like to come for lunch i'd love that! take care and talk soon ♥