Tuesday, June 2, 2009

POUTCHINO WALKS !!!!!!!

5/30/09

For the first time in his life (6 yrs), Poutchino took steps all by himself today! He walked just a couple of steps to Beaver Brooks. Poutchino was every bit as excited as Beaver. The rest of us jumped for joy when Beaver told us. This achievement is the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people to help Poutchino progress. Oh, how I praise God for this precious boy!

Baby Aron is still fragile. We have told him 'goodbye' a few times, sure that he could not live another few hours. I have shaken him to make him start breathing again. He keeps rallying! He has survived edema that made him stiff as a board all over - even his cheeks were too hard to move - and a day of rectal bleeding, lots of clots but fresh blood too, plus seizures. The really scary part is that I have dealt with all of this at home with the email guidance of a wonderful pediatrician in the States. God promised me when I came here that I don't have to know everything because HE does and HE will supply whatever is needed! He has surely done that!

I learned that Aron's fused suture lines (skull) might be fixable but we need a CT scan to get a better picture of his skull and brain. Then, I started finding suture lines running out from his fontanel! Was the radiologist wrong? Did God perform a miracle? No matter how you look at it, this boy is a miracle baby. Praise God for what HE has done!!

Keziah left Haiti a couple of weeks ago. Dannae will leave tomorrow. Casey will leave in a week. It will be the first time in almost 2 years that we haven't had another American living here. I wonder what it'll be like, how everything will get done. These young women have greatly enriched our lives. But change is a part of life and I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us next.

A team from Kentucky came and fixed our plumbing! They also played with the children, cuddled babies, cleaned the yard, and brought us lots and lots of supplies. We thank God for sending such wonderful help.

Something happened to a major power plant in Haiti. We haven't had any electricity for a few days except when we run the generator. Without a car to go buy more diesel fuel we can't run it often or long. I will keep in touch as best I can til the problem gets fixed.

No comments: