Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Miracles - The Lazyboy

We are going thru a time of frustration. Our Isuzu was given to a Haitian mechanic to fix an electrical problem. He tore the engine out and has left it in pieces. He won't finish it. We have no vehicle.

We purchased, more than a month ago for cash, a brand new Tata Xenon pickup truck: double cab, 4WD, diesel, with air conditioning! Haiti customs held it prisoner for a few weeks. Now Haitian registration/tags are holding it up. We still have no vehicle although we own 2.

One baby is in the hospital: two more should be inpatient. But we have no vehicle.

See why I'm frustrated?

Well, my favorite chair, the Lazyboy rocker/recliner pictured below, reminds me that God knows all things and controls all things and works in HIS own good time.

The chair was shipped in a van to Haiti in 2004. The van arrived during the ouster of former president Aristide. The country was in turmoil; anarchy reigned. The ports were looted and everything movable was stolen. The van disappeared.

We caught up with the van a year later, on the southern peninsula of Haiti. When I traveled down to see it and try to get it back, I was floored to see that even though everything had been stolen from inside the van - including the bench seats, battery and fuel pump - the Lazyboy was still there. Though it took a while longer to get the van back, the police allowed me to remove the chair that day.

The chair, practically a throne to me, reminds me daily of God's power. And that HE works in HIS own time, not mine, not anybody's.

The chair is my reminder that God is greater even than wild mobs of looters and HE is not fazed by time frames that are unacceptable to me.

SO, thanks to one of the best lessons I have ever learned, taught by a Lazyboy rocker/recliner, our no-vehicle problem has been handed to The One Who Can Handle The Impossible.

Thank you, Lord, for putting me back in my rocker. With it you gave me the FAITH to not give up HOPE but to rest in your LOVE with the certainty that you will do what is best when it is best.

THE MIRACLE CHAIR
a powerful lesson
by Dorothy Pearce
Founder of Faith-Hope-Love Infant Rescue

No comments: